2. TOURIST VISA
This type of visa is issued to applicants who wish to enter the Kingdom for tourism purposes .
2. DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
– Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
– Visa application form completely filled out
– Recent( 4 x 6 cm.) photograph of the applicant
– Evidence of travel from Thailand (air ticket paid in full)
– Evidence of adequate finance (20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)
– Consular officers reserve the rights to request additional documents as deemed necessary
3. VISA FEE
1,000 Baht per entry
(Visa fee may be changed without prior notice)
4. VALIDITY OF A VISA
The validity of a visa is 3 months or 6 months.
5. PERIOD OF STAY
Upon arrival, travelers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand
for a period of not exceeding 60 days.
6. EXTENSION OF STAY
Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their type of visa must file an
application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Government
Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889 (or at
http://www.immigration.go.th ). The extension of stay as well as the change of certain
type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer..
7. ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Nationals of certain countries are required to apply for a visa only at the Thai Embassy
or Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the designated Thai Embassy.
Therefor, travelers are advised to contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate-General
to find out where they may apply for a visa to Thailand before departure.
Information on location and contact number of all Thai Embassies and Consulates-General is available at /web/10.php